Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Red Velvet Pancakes

Woo hoo!  Snow Day!  You know what that means?  Pancakes for breakfast!  However, on this one particular morning, I wanted something a little more sweet on the breakfast menu.  Then it hit me.  Red Velvet Pancakes!  I don't know about you, but I live for Red Velvet.



These are super easy, because on a snowy morning, I myself don't feel like making something strenuous and complicated.  So you'll start out with some regular pancake mix.
Afterwards, you'll add some milk, for a creamy batter.
Next, you'll add about two teaspoons of red food coloring.
Then, mix in white vinegar, eggs, vanilla, and last, but certainly not least, cocoa powder.
Because I have a tremendous sweet tooth, I added a handful of mini chocolate chips to get the full effect of Red Velvet.
Tada!


I didn't have any cream cheese icing, but I did use powdered sugar with some syrup!  So warm and delicious!

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
(Makes about seven medium-small pancakes)

1 1/4 Cup of Pancake Mix
3/4 Cup of milk
1 egg
1/2 tsp. of white vinegar
1/2 tsp. of vanilla
1 Tbs. of cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp. red food coloring
A hand full of chocolate chips (optional)
Cream cheese icing (optional)
Powdered sugar (optional)

        Take a medium sized bowl, and stir the mix and milk together.  Add your egg, vanilla, cocoa powder, and food coloring.  Afterwards, mix in your chocolate chips.  Pour the batter on a skillet or pan  in dollops.  You can make them as big or small as you want.  Flip them once the bottom seems to have a little bit of darker marks on it, and cook the other side.  Serve on a platter with butter, and syrup.  You can add cream cheese icing or powdered sugar if you want the extra sugar rush. 







No comments:

Post a Comment