Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Sheet Music Image Print

I absolutely love this idea!  There has been ideas online about feeding book pages through a printer.  Perfect!  Except my printer won't accept any of the book pages I put in it.  So, either I'm doing something wrong, or my printer is stupid.  

Instead of book pages, I used sheet music.  However, because these pages are precious to me, I felt like I couldn't mess up, wasting pages.

My grandpa was a music teacher, and my grandma has kept all the sheet music that he gave to his band students, etc.  So, I use it to make keep sakes, like this. Just a little remnant of grandpa around the house.

I took a sheet of music from one of his trumpet exercises books.  Then, I took a regular piece of printer paper, and used it as a stencil to cut the music.  This way, my printer would accept the size and shape of the page, giving me a clean print!

Now, I chose a bike to be on the page.  One of the reasons because, its cute.  The other reason was because my uncle worked at a bike shop when he was younger, and he'd continually give my grandpa bikes, even though he didn't even ride them!

For my printer, I had to put the page upside-down and backwards, so the music could print properly.  I took a Microsoft page, copy and pasted the bike onto it, making sure it was centered.  Then print!

I would probably darken it with a black sharpie, but I think it turned out alright!  Cut, frame, and there you have it!


No comments:

Post a Comment